Peppermint Semifreddo for Your Portland Holiday Party
½ cup Crushed candy canes (can do in a food processor)
1 ½ cups Heavy cream
3 large Eggs, separated
9 tbspns. Sugar
6 tbspns. Peppermint liqueur
- Place cream in a mixer bowl, add 5 tbspns. crushed candy and whip until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large metal bowl, set over a pan of simmering water, whisk egg yolks and 3 tbspns sugar until pale in color. Add liqueur; whisk vigorously until mixture is thick, 3-5 minutes. Cool in refrigerator
- In a heatproof bowl of electric mixer, set over a pan of simmering water, whisk eggs whites and remaining 6 tbspns. Sugar until sugar dissolves and mixture is warm to the touch, about 2 minutes. Attach bowl to mixer, and beat until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture into the egg-yolk mixture one-third at a time. Fold in the whipped cream mixture.
- Spoon mixture into six serving dishes, like martini goblets, layering it with reserved candy cane. Freeze until firm at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with crushed candy cane and warmed hot fudge on the side.
Mezzaluna Fine Catering is a Portland based catering company that serves large & small events. Contact us today for a catering consultation on your next private or corporate event. Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your holiday party!