Experienced Server for Catering Company
- Progressive, high-end catering company looking for servers for off and on-site events.
- Experience in customer service and/or the restaurant or catering industry a plus.
- Must be flexible in availability including available evenings and weekends.
- This is an on-call, part time position. Flexible hours and days including weekends based on company needs.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Required to pass a drug screening and criminal back ground check.
Definition and Nature of the Work
Mezzaluna Fine Catering extends polite, professional, fast, and courteous service to our catering clients. The level of professionalism expected is high. As a server, you are expected to polish glasses, pour water and wine, buss and set tables, and all necessary duties to ensure our catered events and clients are treated to white-glove service. The job is primarily in the evenings and weekends and all events are catered on-site at The Portland White House or off-site at various locations throughout the Northwest. We are looking for extremely friendly, outgoing persons who enjoy serving others.
Principal Activities & Responsibilities
- Aid in loading and unloading of catering truck for set up of events.
- Responsible to set tables with linens, utensils, stemware, plates, etc for catered events.
- Required to set up folding tables, chairs, prep tables, etc.
- Tray passing hors d’oeuvres, clearing glasses and all dining ware, napkins, etc.
- Take out garbage and do routine cleaning
- Aid in the completion of BOH prep lists to begin event.
- Complete assigned side work duties.
- May assist in other areas of the kitchen.
- Maintain food & beverage hygiene standards.
- Maintain professional appearance standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to periodically work in a warm to hot environment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of sanitation/cleanliness.
- Shifts are varied during week days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Flexibility needed.
- Must possess a Multnomah County Food Handler’s permit. Having an OLCC permit is preferred.
- This position is subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal history background check which may include fingerprinting.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Please send resume to to Robert Moreau as a WORD attachment only. Be prepared with contacts at your last 3 employers. All references will be checked. Candidate will be required to perform a working interview to be considered for employment.
Compensation: $20.00 per hour