Experienced Prep Cook / Caterer
- Progressive, high-end catering company looking for trained, professional prep chef.
- At least 2 years in similar food service experience.
- Must be flexible in availability and hours including mornings, daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Please be skilled in all levels of food handling preparation and cooking. Excellent knife skills
- This is an on-call, part time position—but could grow into a more permanent position.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Definition and Nature of the Work
- Assist in the preparation of food items for catered events including chopping vegetables, making salads, assembling hors d’oeuvres, prepping meats for grilling, and other related items pertinent to executing on and off-premises catered food. Follow recipes and be mathematically competent. Understand food consistency & the importance of recipes.
- Prep cook is also responsible for completing a large number of smaller tasks. Such tasks could include ensuring that leftover food is packed and stored properly, performing kitchen maintenance tasks such as emptying the trash washing dishes, cleaning, organizing, and testing the temperature of food at specified intervals.
- This is a fast-paced and organized kitchen environment, cooking and displaying food at exciting venues and interesting special events. Daytime prep cooking at commercial kitchen and nighttime event execution required at on and off-site venues.
Principal Activities & Responsibilities
- Receive, store, and rotate all food/paper stock.
- Maintain organization of all food storage areas.
- Follow procedures and existing recipes.
- Identify and work with raw meat.
- Clean floors, and all areas of kitchen.
- Take out garbage.
- Aid in the completion of prep lists.
- Complete assigned side work duties.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen.
- Maintain food & beverage hygiene standards.
- Maintain professional appearance standards.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to periodically work in a warm to hot environment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of sanitation.
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a Multnomah County Food Handler’s permit.
- This position is subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal history background check which may include fingerprinting.
- Must have verifiable employment eligibility in the U.S.
Directions to Apply for Position
- Please send your resume as a WORD attachment or PDF only. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR RESUME IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. ONLY ATTACHED RESUMES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Email resume to: Robert@mezzalunafinecatering.com / candidates will be contacted by phone for interview
- Include all contact information from your last 2 employers. All references will be checked and verified.
- Candidates will be required to perform a non-paid working interview/stage to be considered for position.
- Compensation: $14-16.00 per hour