Chef John’s Grilled Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, and Gorgonzola Salad
This is an easy spring or summer salad to make and enjoy. Prepare a few, simple ingredients and the flavors and textures combine beautifully to make a delicious salad for any occasion.
1. 1 lb. asparagus, with the touch ends trimmed off.
2. 1 cup grape or mini pear tomatoes tomatoes
3. 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4. Divided 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or your favorite blue cheese (1 oz.)
5. 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 1
6. 1 garlic clove, minced finely
7. 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
8. 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
• Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Thread asparagus onto 2 or 3 parallel wooden or metal skewers to hold them together during grilling.
• Thread tomatoes onto 2 skewers. Brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Place skewers on grill. Grill 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove skewers from grill and remove vegetables from skewers.
• Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl combine asparagus, tomatoes, blue cheese, onion, and garlic; toss to combine.
• Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil plus vinegar; toss.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with basil, and serve.
View much more of our award winning cuisine by visiting our Galleries Page Here! Interested in connecting on catering? Give us a call or fill out our contact form Here.
How to send me your pictures!
-Post it to Instagram as “Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, Gorgonzola” and tag @chefjohnpaulk.
-Post a picture on Mezzaluna’s Facebook page here! with the same title as above!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!