Chef John’s Grilled Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, and Gorgonzola Salad
This is an easy spring or summer salad to make and enjoy. Prepare a few, simple ingredients and the flavors and textures combine beautifully to make a delicious salad for any occasion.
1. 1 lb. asparagus, with the touch ends trimmed off.
2. 1 cup grape or mini pear tomatoes tomatoes
3. 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4. Divided 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or your favorite blue cheese (1 oz.)
5. 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 1
6. 1 garlic clove, minced finely
7. 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
8. 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
• Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Thread asparagus onto 2 or 3 parallel wooden or metal skewers to hold them together during grilling.
• Thread tomatoes onto 2 skewers. Brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Place skewers on grill. Grill 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove skewers from grill and remove vegetables from skewers.
• Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl combine asparagus, tomatoes, blue cheese, onion, and garlic; toss to combine.
• Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil plus vinegar; toss.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with basil, and serve.
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!