Aunt Vicky’s Church Potato Casserole
My sister, Vicky, gave me this potato casserole recipe many years ago. She often brought these potatoes to family gatherings. This casserole is so good you just can’t stop eating them. It’s such a great addition to any Easter dinner and it’s easy and goes so well with the Ham! – Chef John
2 bags – 30 ounce frozen diced/cubed potatoes, thawed
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
8 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
5 cups (heaping) corn flakes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour diced potatoes into a 9 x 13 baking dish NOTE: For a 9×13-inch baking dish only use one and a half bags of hash browns.
3. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over potatoes and mix well.
4. Place dots of 5 tablespoons of butter over the top of the potatoes.
5. In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and soup.
6. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the potatoes.
7. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
8. In a medium bowl melt the 1/4 cup of butter. Add the corn flakes and stir to coat with melted butter. Pour on top of the shredded cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling.
10. Take off foil and continue to bake until the corn flakes are brown. (About 15 minutes.)
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!