Mezzaluna’s Amazing Meat Loaf
I don’t care what anybody says…We LOVE and ADORE Mezzaluna’s Meatloaf! It’s been a staple main dish in American homes for decades. My favorite way to eat it is with mashed potatoes, and sautéed green beans when they are in season. Allow the meatloaf to sit in it’s pan for about 15-minutes after baking so it will hold together when you slice it. Better yet, allow it to sit overnight in the fridge for sandwiches!
1 lb Ground beef
1 lb Medium or spicy Italian sausage
1 lb Ground veal (or add one more pound to the ground beef if you don’t care for veal.)
¾ C Whole Milk
2½ C Fresh breadcrumbs made from white bread (of may use panko crumbs instead)
¾ C Water
1 C Mayonnaise
3 C Diced onions
½ C Soy sauce
dash Worcestershire sauce
1 bunch Parsley
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, milk, and Worcestershire.
- Stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, water, mayo, salt, pepper, soy sauce, Worcestershire, and tabasco.
- Add all meat and gently mix well using hands.
- Don’t over-mix, as the meat can become tough. Use a gentle hand.
- Place mixture in loaf pans sprayed with pan spray.
- Spread ketchup over top (generously if you like more ketchup)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours, or until done.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve
Serves 4 to 6.
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!