Chef John’s Chicken Breakfast Hash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups diced red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 ea. red, yellow, or orange pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. duck fat or olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into large dice
- 2 slices smoked bacon, cut into large dice
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 1 tbsp. course grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
In large sauté pan, sauté onion, pepper, and potatoes in the duck fat. season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove to a bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, chicken, bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until almost cooked through. Add back onion, potatoes and pepper mixture to the chicken and bacon. Over medium-high heat, add the remaining ingredients. All half n half to thicken and coat all the ingredients.
Serve with toasted bagels or English muffins…Serves two….YUMMY!