Chef John’s Homemade Lemonade!
Like many children, when my three sons were little, they loved to set-up a lemonade stand in front of our house to make some summer spending money. Instead of making instant or frozen lemonade, we always made homemade classic lemonade and marketed it to our neighbors.
My memories are long and rich remembering back to those amazing summers. Try this very simple recipe for amazing lemonade, perfect for your lemonade stand, or for you to enjoy on long, hot summer days.
6 large lemons
4 cups cold water
1. Place 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan.
2. Stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Allow cooling.
3. Meanwhile, halve and juice lemons. Place cooled syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
4. Add cold water. Stir and chill until ready to drink.
5. Garnish with sliced lemons and a sprig of mint.
Interested in connecting on catering? Give us a call or fill out our contact form Here.
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!