John and Robert’s Snowball Cookies
Yesterday Robert and I made these cookies at home – we had so much fun it ended in a powered sugar fight! These familiar favories are delicious and so EASY to make! Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas!
Preheat oven to 350-degrees
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup raw pecans, toasted
Toasting the pecans (or sugar pecans) will add a nice rich flavor to these cookies so we highly recommend you do this step.
1. Place the pecans on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake for 6 – 8 minutes at 350 degrees, or until they are lightly browned and fragrant. Allow them to cool.
2. In a medium size bowl or kitchen aid mixer, cream the butter, vanilla and almond extracts together until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined.
3. Add the flour a little at a time until fully combined.
4. When the pecans are cool, place them in food processor or chop with a knife until they are chopped to the size you like. Measure out 1-cup and stir into the dough.
5. Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and then shape into 1-inch balls with your fingers. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 1 to 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottom. Place on a wire rack.
7. While cookies are still a bit warm, roll them in the powdered sugar so they look like snowballs.
8. Once completely cooled, we like to sift more powdered sugar over the top at the end, as some of the sugar may absorb into the cookie and not be as white.
9. Once completely cooled store in an airtight container.
Serves: 3 Dozen
View much more of our award-winning cuisine by visiting our Galleries Page Here! You can also now visit us on Pinterest!
Interested in connecting on catering? Give us a call or fill out our contact form Here.
How to send me your pictures!
-Post it to Instagram as “Snow Ball Cookies” and tag @chefjohnpaulk.
-Post a picture on Mezzaluna’s Facebook page here! with the same title as above!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!