Chef John’s Pumpkin Crunch Cake!
We posted this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake last year and many of you tried it and sent me your pictures, so I thought I’d post it again this year. It’s an amazingly tender, moist alternative to pie, but has the best of a cake and a pie. Enjoy and hope you give this a try as it is a wonderful Autum OR Thanksgiviing dessert! – Chef John
3 cups canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
Whipped cream for serving
1. Mix first 8 ingredients in order given. Spray 9×13″ pan with Pam and pour pumpkin mixture in.
2. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top.
3. Drizzle melted butter on top. (It will spill easily, so be careful when you pick up the dish to put in the oven-I learned this the hard way.)
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes. Sprinkle pecans over the top, then bake 10 more minutes, 1 hour total.
5. Allow to cool for one hour (Important) and serve with whipped cream
View much more of our award-winning cuisine by visiting our Galleries Page Here! You can also now visit us on Pinterest!
Interested in connecting on catering? Give us a call or fill out our contact form Here.
How to send me your pictures!
-Post it to Instagram as “Pumpkin Crunch Cake” and tag @chefjohnpaulk.
-Post a picture on Mezzaluna’s Facebook page here! with the same title as above!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!