Chef John’s Blueberry Lemon Cornmeal Pound Cake
This tender Blueberry Lemon Cornmeal Pound Cake is so delicious! It can be served in the morning for breakfast or brunch or for a simple dessert after dinner. Give it a try – you will love it! – Chef John
2/3-cup butter, softened
2 2/3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 Tbspn lemon zest
1¼ cup sifted cake flour
1-cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Generously grease and flour an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pan and set aside.
3. Place butter and the 2 2/3 cups of powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat until creamy.
4. Beat in vanilla; then add eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Mix the sifted cake flour and zest with the cornmeal, and then add to the egg mixture in three portions, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries, gently. Spoon batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
6. Bake in 325 F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean and cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
7. Cool cake in pan for 3 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack and sift more powdered sugar over warm cake. Cool completely and cut into thin slices to serve. Is great with fresh fruit, or some crème fraiche.
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!