Mezzaluna’s Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Crème Anglaise
Calling all Chocolate lovers – this is the dish for you! I love this wonderful dish great for either brunch or dessert after dinner. It’s unusual, very unique and perfect for any chocolate lover.
If you are entertaining this is also a really great dish to serve your guests! You won’t be sorry you tried this recipe, it my seem (at first) like it might be difficult but once you get going with it you will see it all comes together and it will turn out marvelous!
3 ½ cups Half-n-half
22 oz. Dark Chocolate chips
½ cup Brown sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
6 each Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 pinch Salt
2-dozen Croissants – broken into pieces.
1. Coat a 8×10 inch baking dish well-coated with pan spray. Set aside.
2. Simmer half-n-half. Remove from heat add 3 cups chocolate chips. Let stand one minute. Whisk until
3. Whisk in brown sugar and cinnamon. Cool mixture.
4. Whisk in eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix in croissants gently.
5. Spread half of pudding mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips then top with
remaining half of pudding mixture.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 until puffed and golden approx. 25-35 minutes until crispy on top.
7. Serve warm with Crème Anglaise on top
Serve warm with Crème Anglaise on top
Crème Anglaise Ingredients and Instructions
Yield: 2 Cups
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup Grand Marnier
1 vanilla bean, split
6 large egg yolks
½ cup Sugar
1. Combine milk and cream in heavy medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring milk mixture to simmer. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl to blend.
3. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture. Return custard to saucepan. Stir over low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
4. Strain sauce into bowl. Cover and chill. (Can be made 1 day ahead.
Serves 8 to 10.
How to send me your pictures!
-Post it to Instagram as “Mezzaluna’s Chocolate Croissant Pudding” and tag @chefjohnpaulk.
-Post a picture on Mezzaluna’s Facebook page here! with the same title as above!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!