Chef John’s White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse with Candy Cane Whipped Cream
Yield: 10 ea. – 8 oz servings
60 oz. Heavy cream
6 T Butter, cut into pieces
30 oz. White chocolate, chopped
3 t Vanilla extract
3 t Peppermint oil or extract
1. In a saucepan over low heat, place 12 oz. of the cream and the butter until mixture is hot and the butter melts. Do not let mixture boil.
2. Remove pan from heat.
3. Add the white chocolate and let it soften in the hot cream for about 1-minute. Stir the mixture (do not whisk) until it is smooth and all the chocolate melts.
4. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool to the touch but still pourable about 30-minutes.
5. Then combine the cooled chocolate mixture and beat with the remaining cream, vanilla, and mint extracts until firm peaks are reached.
6. Cover a refrigerate at best overnight.
Candy Cane Whipped Cream
Yield: 16 – 2 oz servings
1 quart Heavy whipping cream
3-4 ea. Candy canes
• Break up the candy canes and place them into a coffee grinder. Pulse the grinder until the candy turns into powder.
• In a mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks for.
• Fold the peppermint powder into the cream. It will turn a delicate shade of pink.
How to send me your pictures!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK with your dish ad Happy Holidays!!
Happy Holidays – Chef John