Chef John’s Thai Linguine Salad
I have been making this amazing Thai Noodle Salad, using Linguine, for years both for dinner guests at my personal home and for my many clients. It is so delicious and can be served at room temperature or heated up. It’s great with salmon, chicken or flank steak. If you like more spice, you can add more sambal sauce. I truly hope you give this recipe a try – you are sure to enjoy it!
12 ounces linguine
6 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
12 ea green onions, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
6 ea garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, minced finely
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sambal olek sauce (chili garlic sauce)
3 cups mung bean sprouts
1½ cups shredded carrots
1 each Red, yellow, and orange pepper, cut into thin slices
¼ cup Chopped peanuts
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain
2. Transfer pasta to large bowl; add 5 tablespoons of sesame oil and toss to coat
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat
4. Add garlic and ginger sauté until soft about 2 min
5. Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili-garlic sauce; whisk to blend
6. Simmer sauce 1 min. cool to room temp. pour over pasta and toss to coat
7. Add sprouts, scallions, peppers, and carrots; mix well. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve.
View much more of our award-winning cuisine by visiting our Galleries Page Here! Interested in connecting on catering? Give us a call or fill out our contact form Here.
How to send me your pictures!
-Post it to Instagram as “Thai Noodle Salad” and tag @chefjohnpaulk.
-Post a picture on Mezzaluna’s Facebook page here! with the same title as above!
We LOVE to see your pictures and GOOD LUCK!