Black Bean and Corn Salsa with Pita Wedges from Mezzaluna Fine Catering
Chefs Note: This is very good served with grilled meat.
Makes 3 Cups
- 2 medium fresh ears of corn, roasted or steamed, then cooled
- 1 cup canned Black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely minced red onion
- ½ cup finely minced red pepper
- 3 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. minced cilantro
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Stir together kernels and remaining ingredients except for salt in a mixing bowl.
- Taste then add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the pita wedges:
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet.
- Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray, sprinkle with cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.